Search MEK's Blog

Monday, January 8, 2024

2024: Week 2 Progress


     As expected, I did not complete everything I wanted to this week, though I did manage to do more than I thought I was going to be able to.

    If you read last weeks blog you know I had set goals/tasks to create habits. I managed to stick to the 3 daily tasks I have set for myself.

  • Meditate - This is an easy one as I do enjoy meditating. It relaxes me.
  • Journal - This wasn't bad, I don't know if this is truly helping me, but it may in the future.
  • Language Lessons - This is so I can learn Indonesian for basic conversation.
    I have the tasks set up to remind me in the mornings, but some days I didn't get to them till night. That's okay though, I just feel really good that I was able to get to them every day. 

    Now, the weekly goals/tasks are another story. Here it is 8pm Sunday night and I'm just now starting to work on the blog. I should mention, the blog is more for me to get into the habit of writing. I don't have an actual niche in mind for it right now, that may change over time. Right now, I just want to build the habit and see where it takes me. I guess it's currently just documenting the progress I make toward achieving my goals in 2024. I digress, my shift starts in 50 minutes and as I mentioned, I'm just now working on my blog. 

    I also wanted to put out a weekly video on either my main or gaming YouTube channel. That hasn't happened. I haven't recorded anything and haven't started editing gaming recordings I do have. It takes me a while to edit videos because I don't do it that often and have to look up how to do things with the software. So, I guess I'll shoot for working on one this week and see what happens.

    Let's go over the "get in shape" goal. Yeah... I think I spent maybe 2 nights stretching and that was about it. I do walk almost daily for about 1.5 miles, but it's at a slow pace and if I'm being honest, I only do that so my dog gets out. He's a bit older and has slowed down a lot so even that 1.5 miles takes a while. I really haven't started eating any healthier either so this goal is not starting off well. Again, it's okay because I will get going on it. I'm staying positive about it!

Do you have any suggestions? Leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment